Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Again, and completely unrelated.

I know I just posted yesterday, but I'm going to post again- of course I am. This is supposed to be the teenager's blog. And I suppose I'm going to be rebellious as well, because I don't plan on talking about the conference itself. But this is related.

See, the conference is in Chicago, which is really awesome. Sure, Washington D.C. would have been cool, what with all the monuments and historic and important buildings and all, and I'm sure it would have been fun, but Chicago is WAY cooler (and in a minute, you'll see why). San Francisco would have been REALLY fun, mostly because of the cable cars and Ghirardelli... I'm a bit of a chocolate addict. But there is one thing that tops chocolate, and that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

You see, there is something called Broadway. And yes, I am an absolute Broadway NUT. And they have Broadway shows in Chicago... and one of my favorites. Because being the classic teenage girl I am, I love the musical Wicked (by Steven Schwartz). So I'm going to try to go see that while I'm there... because why not?

And there is something else that I will be doing while I am in Chicago. It's the literary sensation that's gripping the nation. What am I talking about? I am, of course, referring to the release of the seventh installment of J.K. Rowling's world-famous fantasy series: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It comes out during the time of the conference. So of course I'm going to get the book at midnight. How could I not? And I highly doubt I'll be the only exhausted one at the conference the following morning- but what's a devoted Pottermaniac to do?

So I guess that's pretty much it... the conference is, of course, going to be my main thing (as I'm on the teen staff), but there's going to be other things going on. It's Chicago- it's gotta be good.

Oh, I just looked Chicago up on Wikipedia, and it says that the average high in July is 85 degrees Fahrenheit. I was excited about this (I don't deal well when it gets above 90), until I looked up Yakima on Wikipedia. The average high for Yakima in July is 88 degrees Fahrenheit, which is completely bogus, because I know for a FACT that the temperature got over 100 degrees F last summer, which shows you how trustworthy those little charts are...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

count me in on both of those activities--I have wanted to see wicked since I first heard the concept of the show and you know, the Potter finale is, well, duh!

Sandee

Kayleigh said...

Yay! Sandee left me a comment! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm Maria, a mom to 2 kids, and this will be my 1st LLL conf. Great blog! Someone mentioned to me that there may be some trustworthy teens to babysit in the child activities areas, as children under 13 must be supervised, and I want my dh to attend some of the speakers' talks. How do I meet someone good to keep my 5-yr-old company?