Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What I'm Looking Forward To

Okay, this blog is going to be conference-specific. It's about time I did one of these.

So, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I hope you've gotten that general vibe so far- and if you're reading this, you're probably looking forward to the conference as well.

1. I'm looking forward to being on the teen staff. That's honestly going to be a blast. I get to be with other teenagers in the LLL world, and I get to help out with... stuff, in general.

2. As far as specific events go, I'm mostly looking forward to the World Faire. My mom has told me that it's pretty cool. And, from the information on the website, it sounds interesting. I mean, I'll probably be helping out as part of the teen staff (or just my mother's daughter), but I don't think that means that I can't have fun as well, and do my own thing.

3. But finally, and most importantly, I'm looking forward to my mom's friends. I've heard all sorts of stories about them for years, and now, I'll FINALLY get to meet them! It sounds strange, but some of these people are pretty much celebrities to me. Getting to meet them will just be... like meeting, I don't know, Keira Knightley or Emma Watson. I'm almost tempted to have paper on hand for autographs...

So that's pretty much what I'm personally most excited about, conference-specific-wise. Yeah. Comment if you want, don't if you don't. I won't take it personally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so getting excited about finally getting to meet you!!!

I got my plane tickets and heard you all did too!

Looking forward to reading more here (hint,hint)

Sandee

Ruth McAllister said...

Hey Kayleigh, it'll be great to meet you too...cue the maniacal laughter. Is there anything you want me to bring you from Canada?

cheers from Ruth, getting her fancy shmancy pen ready for the autographs...