Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blogging along.

Sorry I haven't blogged in the last couple of days. It's been kind of hectic. I've been doing teen staff stuff and meeting people and helping my mom. And reading Harry Potter, of course. I finished it, naturally. The Harry Potter thing was fun, but it was in a small room and generally geared towards little kids. I just hung out in the hallway and talked to some of the other teens there.

Um. The World Faire was cool. I got oodles of stuff- and I filled my passport. I got stamps from every country, which was fun. But it was at the end of the day, which happened to be the day after Harry Potter came out, so I was exhausted (but I actually only stayed up until one in the morning, as I had to be at a teen staff meeting in the wee hours of the morning) and didn't enjoy it as much as I might have.

Is anyone reading this besides my dad? Just out of curiosity... I'm not actually attending sessions, so I can't post much about those here- although I have checked people's registrations at the CE sessions. We have to make sure that all the people who actually registered for those sessions are able to attend. Nothing personal, if I kept you from coming in.

Oh, I've met several "famous" people- at least, people famous in LLL circles. It's really cool. I look at people's nametags and suddenly I realize who they are, and, "Oh, I've read your book!" Which really doesn't surprise them, as this IS the LLLI conference. But it's still cool to actually meet this people- or at least tell them where to go.

The playroom has been fun. It's probably one of the easiest jobs the teen staff have. All I have to do is make sure that toys are in the right places and fix things that get broken, because the kids are supervised and there are security guards at the door, and they are able to keep kids from running out the door- which doesn't happen all that often, oddly. You'd think it would, with all the kids in there.

There's also a teen lounge. It's okay. I've used it mostly as a place to go that's semi-private, but quiet, as there usually aren't many people there. But if you ever want to know where it is, just ask any of the teen staff- most of us, if not all of us, know where it is. Just for your information.

That's all for now.

Oh, and if you didn't already know, all of the teen staff are wearing blue conference shirts and we have printed nametags. And most of us start randomly stretching our arms and back every once in a while. So it's pretty easy to recognize us.

No comments: